For a Computer Science class at Stanford University I was required to program a database backed web site. I have always loved brain teasers, riddles and things of that nature, so I decided to make a web site devoted to this topic. This web site discusses the steps that I took to design this application. I started off with some E/R diagrams which I converted into relations. From these I made an SQL schema and loaded some sample data to make sure things worked. After running some sample queries and updates it was clear that indexes could speed up some queries. Once I got the database working, I wrote a series of Java Servlets to interact with the database and display the HTML pages to the user.